[ubuntu-uk] MeeNee Notebook preinstalled Ubuntu £225

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Jun 26 20:20:57 UTC 2011

On 26/06/11 20:18, Yorvyk wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 19:21:30 +0100
> alan c<aeclist at candt.waitrose.com>  wrote:
>
>>  On 26/06/11 18:14, Alan Pope wrote:
>>  >  On 25 June 2011 20:05, alan c<aeclist at candt.waitrose.com>   wrote:
>>  >>   Purchased new notebook laptop 'MeeNee' brand (?)
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  >  I managed to blag one from the manufacturer to review on the podcast.
>>  >  If there's any specific things people want tested on this thing, let
>>  >  us know.
>>  >
>>  >  I'll probably play with the shipped version of Ubuntu and then
>>  >  probably give 11.04 a go. Will try out the usual iplayer, youtube etc
>>  >  to see how it performs, and also see how well it plays back h.264 and
>>  >  ogg video.
>>  >
>>  >  Looks like neat little device.
>>
>>  It is good. I put some details  in my link (ubuntuforums). 11.04 live
>>  USB worked  well as far as I could see, also 10.04.2 live usb.
>>  The things I noticed as not best were the small (therefore light
>>  weight) battery capacity, and the two (only) usb slots, no card slots
>>  either. Display looks good to me. I am delighted with it.
>>
> Just out of interest, why would you need more than 2 USB ports.

I tend to use a usb mouse, I might often boot from live usb, and
frequently use a separate data usb stck. but it is pretty easy to use
a bluetooth mouse, if I had one...

It is a thin laptop, and I can see that it might be quite difficult to
find economic places  around an almost non existent edge. I suppose I
have gotten used to the chunky eeepc 900, with three usb slots, (but
no bluetooth).
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user