[ubuntu-uk] What aren't we doing? What should we be doing?

scoundrel50a scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:53:47 UTC 2011

Ok, I been thinking about this for a while, since somebody helped me a
short while ago, with this backlight problem, by using ssh to access my
computer. I spent somewhere in the region of about 8 hours asking
various people to help, on I think it was three different Ubuntu
channels. We were going back and forth and it was frustrating, even more
frustrating for the person helping. Then in about 5 minutes, accessing
the computer via ssh it was proved to be unworkable in the present
Kernel. I know, after being around Ubuntu for about 4 near 5 years, a
lot of problems can be sorted or at least discovered quite quickly using
the terminal. Wouldnt it be more viable and less frustrating, if after a
short period of time, either an offer of payment for direct ssh
connection was made there and then, or it was booked for sometime later.
That way, it becomes than just time not well spent. Surely it would save
a lot of effort.....just a few thoughts.....