[ubuntu-uk] What aren't we doing? What should we be doing?

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 24 09:26:01 UTC 2011

personally I think we should be getting companies to sponsor stuff, but
I don't think we should be holding money at all. If we want to do
something that needs money get someone to pay for it directly, that cuts
out a heap of problems and lets us do pretty much the same things.

One thing I really want to do is a series of installfests at
universities. If you have a local university, or are at one, then please
do get in touch with their computing society (usually through the
student union) and see if they can arrange an installfest. This would
need them to find a suitable room for a few hours, announce it to the
students and then we can get a few people who know what they are doing,
plus a bunch of CDs to hand out and get Ubuntu installed and running for
students. I have tried to contact the Oxford and Cambridge societies and
some of the London universities but we need to get this out to all the
places we can. This isn't limited to universities of course, any FE
colleges or schools or whatever that want to join in can do so.

This kind of links with the raceonline stuff too.

Alan.