[ubuntu-uk] Dropbox type solutions....

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:49:26 UTC 2011

On 20 June 2011 12:38, Dave Hanson <dave at hansonforensics.co.uk> wrote:

> That looks perfect, I'll shall read some tutorials/reviews on how to get it
> up and running - Thanks.
>
> [Note to self, must research properly before wasting peoples time on here]

Be careful with Sparkleshare though, it's basically an interface for Github
and doesn't really provide cloud style storage. There's nothing easy to use
out there as far as I can see. There are things like Walrus, which I
*assume* is still in Ubuntu cloud server, and OpenStack Object Storage,
which is the open source version of Rackspace Cloud Files, and indeed
Twisted Storage, but all need a fair bit of work to set up.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"Is this your sanderling?"