[ubuntu-uk] School websites

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:04:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:14:49 +0100
Dan Fish <dan at fishms.org> wrote:

> On 18/06/11 14:35, Rob Beard wrote:
> > On 18/06/11 10:14, Sean Miller wrote:
> >> Yikes... !!
> >>
> >> "Recognised for ICT"?  Perhaps that was due to being "pioneers" and
> >> setting up their website at a time most others didn't have one... alas,
> >> I think it's rather overdue for an upgrade.
> >>
> >> Sean
> >>

> > My god what an awful site.  I gave up after waiting 15 seconds for it
> > to load, clicked the stop button and a god awful monstrosity came up.
> >
> > Animated gifs, comic sans font?  Heck the baby on there should have
> > been a dancing baby!
> >
> > Rob
> >
> That is truly dreadful.......makes the (thankfully) deceased geocities
> look good ;)
> Dan

I think you're all being rather mean about the site,  look at the increase in hits it's had over the last few days :)  At least it doesn't have 'Best viewed in IE4 or Netscape 2 at 1024X768'.
Looking at the 'Our Staff' page, though, I wouldn't send kids there, as Mr Archer seems to be rather nasty.  He's responsible for racist incidents.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net