[ubuntu-uk] Libre Office and Thunderbird Addressbook

Gordon Burgess-Parker gbplinux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:26:20 UTC 2011

On 14/06/11 22:22, Avi wrote:
> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

>>> Why haven't you? You can append the patch to the bug report on
>>> Launchpad, though it might be nicer to send it straight to the LO
>>> guys.
>>>
>> It's nothing to do with LO - it's Canonical.
>>
> Really? Do you have the bug number? I can't find it on Launchpad and
> I'm intrigued as to the discussion here.

There is no bug number because it isn't a bug. It's the way Canonical
integrate Open office (and now LO) into Ubuntu. it's been done this way
for YEARS.
If you uninstall the Canonical-supplied Office and install direct from
the OO website then TBird addressbook can be used as an address data source.
Why Canonical have to fiddle with it I don't know....