[ubuntu-uk] What's In A Name?

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Mon Jun 13 19:46:54 UTC 2011

On 13/06/11 19:24, Avi wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
>> I realise that a large number of (quite vocal) people did move over to
>> Apple with the release of Windows Vista, but was it enough to have a
>> significant impact on the market?  If so, I certainly didn't notice
>> it.
>
> Hm, perhaps I'm just in the middle of a few unique demographics. I seem
> to be surrounded by non-technical people who have gone out and bought
> macbooks.
>
> Macs certainly 'feel' a lot more mainstream now than they did, say,
> five years ago.

I see macs quite a lot on tv, presenters using macs rather than windows
laptops.  This must have an effect however I notice as I am into
computers, when i was in canada in 2006 i noticed that the local tv
station had red hat, as there was a desktop in the background that had
the red hat logo on the kde menu. or it at least looked like a red hat
logo,

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info at devonmusiccollective.com for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day