[ubuntu-uk] School websites

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Jun 11 10:43:01 UTC 2011

On 11 June 2011 11:40, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:

> I am SORRY but if this is the state of our education system then I
> despair...

And this is largely irrelevant in many cases, because they are using CMS
systems.

It's their CHOICE to "attach a PDF" rather than merely type the information
into (in many cases) a WYSIWYG editor such as fckeditor or tinymce.

The key is that we need to EDUCATE the "educators" that accessibility is
important, and Word/Excel files disempower those without the software to
read and PDF files disempower those with slow connections and/or lack of
plug-ins.  Plain HTML disempowers nobody, because if they can read the site
they can read it.

Sean