[ubuntu-uk] Barebones pc.

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:40:08 UTC 2011

On 10 June 2011 09:30, Dave Hanson <dave at hansonforensics.co.uk> wrote:

> Morning all,
>
> I'm toying with the idea of buying a barebones pc from maplins to run web
> server on. (potentially more) I would quite like a dual core processor and a
> gig or so of ram < £120, the rest i can beg borrow and steal.
>
> It should obviously be compatible with Ubuntu & so does anyone have any
> recommendations as to anywhere else to pick one up?
>
> I'm also open to charitable donations in the Leeds area! :-P

I'm in the Leeds area and have a couple of Xeon machines on eBay at the
moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310323874379
 and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310323874270

I don't expect them to get a lot so it might be worth bidding (sorry if this
contravenes any guidelines by the way)

For that matter, HP do occasionally sell the more recent version of those
servers for very cheap, probably less than a good barebones package at
Maplin.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood