[ubuntu-uk] Kindle and Ubuntu

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:03:50 UTC 2011

On 9 June 2011 15:59, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> I have a friend who has a laptop  with only Ubuntu on it, this was a
> deliberate decision. For various reasons they are now getting very
> interested in the Kindle, I understand there are models with WiFi of a
> couple of types (3g?). They do have a WiFi  network.
>
> Anyone using a kindle with Ubuntu here please?
> Any comments about how 'compatible' a Kindle will be with Ubuntu?
> What functions of the product might be a problem?
> tia

You shouldn't need to connect a Kindle to a PC at all really: you buy books
over the air from Amazon and they're synced to the device from your account.
The Windows PC client for Kindle mostly runs under Wine 1.3 according to a
couple of blog posts that I've just found.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"Is this your sanderling?"