[ubuntu-uk] Example of difficulty to Convert MS users

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Thu Jun 9 13:55:11 UTC 2011

alan c wrote:
> It is not the same as physically having a chain of enslavement around
> the leg but if it was 'Freedom' being sold (it IS), exactly what
> price would that really be worth?

Probably not a lot, really. I've not met many users of office suites who
would make much use of the freedoms associated with using a
free-as-in-freedom one.

There's the indirect benefit of the freedom that is the rapid
development cycle of free software, sure, but OOo has managed to neatly
avoid providing that for several years and LO is still working on
remedying that, rather than having it be a genuine benefit.

--
Avi