[ubuntu-uk] unity & gimp

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 13:55:20 UTC 2011

There seems to be a lot of Unity bashing going on. Just for balance, I
have been getting on fine. I accept that it is still very young and
has some maturing to do, but overall, I like it.

The big test for me was how the wife would get on. I was expecting all
sorts of wailing and mumbling along the lines of why change it. Well I
did get that, but it was only to do with the style of the cards in her
favourite game! That was easy to adjust.

I am really looking forward to 11.10 to see how Unity grows up. Also
being able to switch between Unity and Gnome 3 will be interesting.

--
Philip Stubbs