[ubuntu-uk] BBC Click

Phill Whiteside phillw at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 6 20:42:45 UTC 2011

As some one who pops lubuntu onto old kit, I am certainly up for it in my
local area. My problem being that I do get dragged across England for months
at a time in my job as 'Holding Mananger' for bars (pubs). If I were to
start one here in Warrington, I'd need to know there was some one to take
over when I get sent to, say, Carlisle. And for setting one up there, the
same would apply.

food for thought, but if they can do '1 laptop per kid', I'm sure we can do
'1 school / college per lubuntu-uk person'. This is the 1st time I've raised
the issue, as I'm used to "oh, we'd love to, but it's too complicated" sort
of answers...

My apologies if I have put the cat amongst the pidgeons, but now and again
we do have to move out of our 'comfort' zone. (Besides, as a wholly "Free
Advertising" project, we will get more exposure in the media).

I've got a few rough ideas in my mind, I am sure the fantastic people like
Alan Bell et all, would love to have a go at this. If one of our ubuntu LoCo
team people can get Canonical managers shipped to australia to support his
resurrection of their LoCo - Nothing is impossible :)

Regards,

~Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw