[ubuntu-uk] Missing libraries

Andrés Muñiz Piniella andresmp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:21:57 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "martijn at vandestreek.net" <martijn at vandestreek.net>
To: simon at sibass.co.uk, UK Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:05:17 +0200
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Missing libraries

On 26 July 2011 20:12, Simon Redmond <simon at sibass.co.uk> wrote:
I might be wrong, but this sounds like it could be solved by a symbolic
link???

The package should have created that link if it was appropriate (you can't
just symlink libraries with different versions/ABIs, things _will_ break).

Martijn

--
Andrés Muñiz-Piniella

************************

Went a little farther on my investigations.
It seems relevant to the name. coventorware is looking for libgomp.so.1
and synaptic package manager says libgomp.so is installed.

I've been told that the number at the end is the version number and I'm
inclined
to believe that it might break as Martijn suggested. So what are my
alternatives?

either coventorware help me?
I switch to red Hat?

So any of you use canonical support? would this be the kind of thing that
they could
help out with?