[ubuntu-uk] Missing libraries

martijn at vandestreek.net martijn at vandestreek.net
Tue Jul 26 17:30:59 UTC 2011

On 26 July 2011 14:32, Andrés Muñiz Piniella <andresmp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to install a software (coventorware) that  normally is
> supported if installed in redhat 4 but "should work" on other linux distros
> like ubuntu.
>
> We managed to install everthing but there is one library that is missing: libgomp.so.1.  And
> we think it's called libgomp(something) in ubuntu (already installed).  it
> seems they are spelt slightly differently. How would I get the coventorware
> installer to find libgomp?

This could be two different problems:

1. You're really missing the library. Try installing "apt-file", then do
"apt-file update" and "apt-file search libgomp123.so" (replace with the file
name you need) to see which package it's in

or

2. The software you're trying to run is compiled for 32-bit Linux, and
you're running 64-bit LInux. If you install libraries using "apt-get
install" you get the 64-bit versions, which can't be used by 32-bit compiled
programs. You either need to get a version of your software that's compiled
for 64-bit Linux, get the 32-bit libraries on your system somehow, or
install 32-bit Ubuntu and try with that.

Martijn