[ubuntu-uk] trying to strean video files to an xbox360?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 16:31:24 UTC 2011

On 21/07/11 14:47, javadayaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to wirelessly stream movies and music from my pc to my 360.
> Reading up on the web shows that files such as avi's cant be done
> without transcoding.

Yep it can be done, I personally use PS3 Media Server which will
transcode video using mplayer if needed to a format that the XBOX360
will play.  However I wouldn't recommend it for HD content unless you're
streaming stuff which is already in WMV format otherwise it'll really
hammer your CPU and probably not work too well.  IIRC it will play XVID
and DIVX video with MP3 audio, but can trip up with other audio formats.

Rob