[ubuntu-uk] Linux Courses

bodsda at googlemail.com bodsda at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:06:31 UTC 2011

The OU also allow you to use tesco clubcard points to pay for some courses (this one included)

The problem i found when looking for courses/certification is that most of it is almost always outdated or unrecognised. Comptia Linux+ for example has sample questions, one of which asked what the default X server for linux desktops is: the answer they give is Xfree86, which due to licensing issues was forked to X.org around 2004, so their material is about 7 years out of date.

The only certifications i personally would trust is the LPI qualifications. Having said that, LPI-1 can be passed by anyone with minimal linux admin experience, so you would need at least LPI-2 to prove your worth.

Bodsda