[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 11.04 64bit and wired network issues.

Bob Giles thecorfiot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 05:53:36 UTC 2011

============================ snip ============================
Since installing 11.04, the connection to the internet is erratic at
best and non-existent at worst. Downloads drop out indefinitely.
Connections across the home network remain fine.

Hi guys,

I know that nobody came up with any suggestions but thought that I would
report that the issue seems to have emanated from a dreadfully corrupted
sources.list file. Once corrected everything seems fine. Don't ask how
the corruption occurred 'cos I don't know and as to why I should have
experienced the symptoms, I am equally mystified.

Bob