[ubuntu-uk] New network for women advocating, using or developing FLOSS

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Tue Jul 19 11:59:36 UTC 2011

>>> Rob
>> God yes - do publicise, many thanks :) The women-only thing is just
>> about the actual discussion spaces/meetups etc. The research on women in
>> IT shows that women benefit from having spaces where they can
>> collaborate in ways that are tailored to how women tend to communicate -
>> it shouldn't separate out women but actually to support us to contribute
>> more confidently in the whole community and promote a more inclusive
>> culture overall - thus making it easier for more women to become users
>> and/or get involved in the wider FS movement.
>>
>> So support from the wider community is very welcome - thanks :)
>>
>> Paula

Paula have you looked at Ubuntu Women and the work we are doing within
the community ?? http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/  and
http://ubuntu-women.org/  Site is due for a face lift we do actually
nearly have or had close to 5% of Female Ubuntu members which is a lot.

Laura

--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com