[ubuntu-uk] Asus x52f performance

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:51:44 UTC 2011

On 06/07/11 21:58, Chris Rowson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently bought an Asus X42F laptop computer with a Nehalem Core i3
> M330 CPU with integrated Intel HD GPU.
>
> I'm finding that it works somewhat better under Windows 7 than under
> Ubuntu. For example:

There is certainly one big bug with the integrated Core i3 graphics that
has affected us since it first came out.

This makes the VGA output unusable and from what I can tell is still not
really fixed.

So my point is that I wouldn't be all that surprised if there are other
bugs with Intel graphics - they have hardly had a glorious past...

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com