[ubuntu-uk] Question on dual-booting 11.04 and Windows 7

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 6 10:06:26 UTC 2011

On 06/07/11 09:34, Sean Miller wrote:
> Isn't WUBI an option?
>
> I have a "dual boot" of this sort (no partitioning at all) and it seems to
> work quite well.

Not long ago some grub updates screwed  wubi installations up. I
considered this to be ultra bad news because the people I had been
recommending  to use wubi were novices with no ambition for being more
technical.

I stopped suggesting wubi at that time. Unfortunately although wubi is
brilliant at what it does, when it does get messed up, it needs more
experience than *I* have got to unscramble it.

I have not heard yet that the updates debacle is well sorted, nor why
it was allowed to happen anyway. It would be good if it was resolved
in a way I could continue to be confident about it.

I believe its developers do not recommend it for long term use, and
anyway it is vulnerable to damage if power loss occurs.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user