[ubuntu-uk] Backlight problem still not fixed

scoundrel50a scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:27:03 UTC 2011

Its a long story, which is complicated and I dont understand why it was
installed either, but there we are. popey knows, he tried to help, and
connected to my laptop, to see if he could get the backlight to turn on,
and it wont. I thought, I could possibly update, if there was anything
to update. To see if anything had been done to get the backlight to turn
on. I tried running Natty, which is how I found out about this problem.
the backlight wont turn on. It seems to be a big problem with Natty and
quite a few computers. Unless this is sorted, I wont be able to update,
which means I only have about 18 months to use this pc with 10.10. Hope
that helps.

John