[ubuntu-uk] MeeNee Notebook preinstalled Ubuntu £225

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Jul 1 09:35:39 UTC 2011

On 25/06/11 20:05, alan c wrote:
> Purchased new notebook laptop 'MeeNee' brand (?)
>
> PRE Installed Ubuntu 10.10 netbook and desktop sessions
> £225   :-)
> http://amzn.to/l8WX51
>
> My summary of Ubuntu related things:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10980805#post10980805
>
> Comment:
> I love it being pre installed!
> The battery is on the small side for serious walkabout.
> USB x2 only, has bluetooth
> Slimline
>
> Thanks go to OMG Ubuntu site where I first saw it mentioned!
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/06/five-ubuntu-powered-netbooks-laptops-for-all-budgets
>
> Enjoy!

Further to this -
A small point: I have needed to re install ubuntu 10.10 onto the
machine because for some reason the cursor keys were not responding
correctly. They worked ok in live USB ubuntu 10.04.2, 10.10, and
11.04 , and also work ok now following the reinstall of 10.10  (using the
same swap size), so I conclude that it was a software corruption of
some sort. The keyboard feels mechanically good.

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user