[ubuntu-uk] Distro hopping / Laptop running hot

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:38:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Anton Piatek <anton at piatek.co.uk> wrote:
> I thought the move to Debian was before unity etc. I also thought the
> motivation was to track Debian unstable and have continuous rolling updates.

I really don't know. You may know better than I!

The rolling-updates thing is as much a result of using Debian as a
reason for the switch; they go hand-in-hand so I think trying to pull
one out is confusing.

The move /was/ before Unity etc. but it was after the "windicators"
and the right-hand buttons. That alone was enough to really wind up
some people.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com