[ubuntu-uk] LDAP server Invalid credentials

Byte Soup bytesoup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:39:10 UTC 2011

Im trying my best to help here, but Im not sure how much more I can be of
use, bear with me though :-)

On 20 January 2011 17:51, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 20/01/11 17:22, Byte Soup wrote:
>

> On 20 January 2011 14:33, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I used the same hashed password that I created using slappsswd
>> it's not the same one that's in the tut
>> Jacob Mansfield
>> Programmer
>>

>>   Can you try
>
> ldapddd -v -x -D cn=admin,dc=cyberkingsolutions,dc=co,dc=up -w <your
> password> -f base.ldif
>
> So its just adding a -v and a -w (instead of the -W) switch from your
> original one as per the tutorial
>
> -Mark
>
>   same error as before.
> I have attached the previous ldiff I ran and the new one I'm trying to run

I noticed in the example when they set up the minumum configuration they use
this

olcSuffix: dc=example,dc=com
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com

In your one you have

olcSuffix: dc=cyberjacob,dc=co.cc
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=cyberjacob,dc=co.cc

Then in the example base.ldif they use

# LDAP admin
dn: cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com

In your one

# LDAP admin
dn: cn=admin,dc=cyberkingsolutions,dc=co,dc=uk

So your using a different dn. Is this a problem or is this correct?