[ubuntu-uk] Nintendo Wifi USB Connector (Ralink rt2500) woes

Liam Wilson liamwilson93 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:35:30 UTC 2011

On 17 January 2011 13:41, Byte Soup <bytesoup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Liam,
>
> Ive seen some odd behaviour with Ubuntu on a Toshiba laptop, not sure what
> hardware, but I set the wireless connection to use a static IP and the owner
> says that they havent had hardly any connection drops. I think some drivers
> have a problem with DHCP sync with some routers. Im sorry its not very
> specific, but my point is, sometimes its worth trying static IP to rule out
> DHCP issues.
>
> -Mark

Hi mark, I think it must be a problem with my router settings rather
than the chipset.

The reason i say that is because a friend popped round the other day
with his Acer aspire ZG8 netbook, and although he was able to
establish a connection, he wasn't able to send or recieve any data
until the router was - like before - switched off and on again. I'll
look into it, anyway.

Thanks!
--
Liam Wilson