[ubuntu-uk] buying a laptop?

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 17 14:01:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 13:41 +0000, alan c wrote:
> If low cost is very important, then, yes, ethical decisions become
> difficult.

When I bought my Dell Mini 10v last year, pre-loaded with Ubuntu, cost
was a factor, but ethical considerations were met as well.  It's been
fine so far, except for the webcam which died.  Dell collected it,
mended it and got it back to me quickly and painlessly (except for what
I said before, talking to the right Indian was not easy).  One of
several times, I got through to a lovely lady who talked through the
problem and then said "We're going to need to use remote access so I can
take a look".  I told her I was on Ubuntu (as supplied) and she tried to
transfer me to someone ....  that phone call cost me ten pounds ...  Oh
- I complained, with a copy as always to Michael Dell, and received an
apology.

Regards,		Barry

http://ubuntuadverts.org/