[ubuntu-uk] buying a laptop?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Jan 17 13:26:40 UTC 2011

On 17/01/11 13:00, Rowan Berkeley wrote:
> what we need is 'naked computer' suppliers,
> since we are better off installing our own Ubuntu systems from Live CDs
> and if we are completely computer-less we can get Live CDs ready-made.

I am heartily with you on this. But we need a little more don't we? A
naked laptop might have a webcam or whatever, which might be the very
devil to get working.  Naked stuff is great, as long as we have
information about incompatibility.

PS
I was glad to see that Broadcom recently joined the Linux Foundation I
think.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user