[ubuntu-uk] buying a laptop?

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 10:56:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 10:24 +0000, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> Erm, I bet Tesco/PC World buy a shedload more machines than Linux
> Emporium could ever do and so will get much better volume discounts
> on
> the hardware even before you take into consideration the crapware
> kickbacks I mentioned above.

Exactly a small company cannot compete with the economies of scale Tesco
or PC World can make
- I have not bought a laptop from The Linux Emporium but have bought
wi-fi dongles back in the day when wi-fi was more problematic and they
were very helpful.
I also approached them for support for a software freedom day event our
Herefordshire LUG ran last year as they  are west midlands based and
they kindly duplicated and printed  (gratis) 100 copies of the Open Disc
we created to give out on the day and were very supportive as well -

Sarah