[ubuntu-uk] LDAP server Invalid credentials

Jacob Mansfield cyberjacob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:31:37 UTC 2011

I have been trying to set up an LDAP server for some time now. when I
finally found an up-to-date tutorial at
http://www.zarafa.com/wiki/index.php/Zarafa_LDAP_cn_config_How_To the
first step of this has worked fine however when running the command

ldapadd -x -D cn=admin,dc=cyberkingsolutions,dc=co,dc=up -W -f base.ldif

I am prompted for a password. I enter the password I have used at all
other points tn the tut and are met with a fail message: ldap_bind:
Invalid credentials (49) when not entering a password at the prompt
(just hitting return) I get ldap_bind: server is unwilling to perform
(53) additional info: unauthenticated bind (DN with no password) disallowed.
please help me get LDAP working,
and thanks in advance (I know all of you awsome guys (and gals (or gales
according to auto-correct)) will find the problem and help me fix it)

--
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer

import disclaimer from email