[ubuntu-uk] natty with unity

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jan 13 21:14:52 UTC 2011

On 13 January 2011 21:11, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> The more I have thought about it, the more I come to believe that the people
> who I help to take refuge away from Windows, would very much welcome running
> a 'toaster', even though it would not be my own personal choice. I do not
> use a Mac but isn't a Mac a lot more 'toaster' like than Windows?

I suspect Chrome OS is as far in the Toaster direction that a PC can
get, booting to a web browser with no additional local applications.
OSX has the possibility to be toaster like, but so does Windows and
Ubuntu if configured correctly. None of them are 'out of the box'
though.

> Ubuntu has got a lot going in the right direction and I can easily give the
> benefit of the doubt to a somewhat radical direction. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, "watch this space" :)

Cheers,
Al.