[ubuntu-uk] Wireless print server or wireless printer

Andrew Seyes andrew.seyes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:18:12 UTC 2011

Hi Rob,

> What I'd like to do to make things simple for the staff is to get either a wireless printer or a wireless print server with a USB port so that these two laptops can print to it.

You might want to take a look at the Epson Stylus SX425W [1]. Its a
wireless/usb printer/scanner/copier and if you look around you can
find it for about £50 [2]. The replacement ink cartridges are quite
cheap too - about £10. There are linux drivers available aswell [3].
My Dad did a lot of research when his last printer went phut and he
decided to get one of these. It was simple enough to install those
drivers and we found and it works nicely with lucid in either usb or
wireless mode.

Regards,
Andrew

[1] http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX425W