[ubuntu-uk] thunderbird is installed, but needs to be installed...

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:58:20 UTC 2011

On 08/01/11 20:54, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> I just tried to install thunderbird on my new machine and was greeted with this:

Have you looked at this guy's PPA rather than the default build in the
repos?

http://ubublogger.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/new-version-1-1/

He has built a TB extension that integrates TB with Libnotify and the
Indicator Applet so you get decent notifications. And he seems to keep
up with the releases from Mozilla whereas the Ubuntu Repo will stay on
the same major version number for each Ubuntu release.

Cheers

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre