[ubuntu-uk] Linux expo in Feb 2011

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Sat Jan 8 11:43:45 UTC 2011

On 08/01/11 11:17, Barry Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 20:20 +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
>> I got the mail below from Jeremy Comley in response to asking for
>> a .org booth at the Cloud expo. I have said YES! and we need to get
>> our act together in terms of staffing it and sorting out what we are
>> doing on the stand etc. I expect an IRC meeting in the next few days
>> would be a good starting point for this.
> Just say when and where, and I'll try to be at the meeting.  But please,
> try to start earlier rather than later.  Ubuntu Adverts has had several
> meetings starting at ten pm.  Getting a bit late for me these days.
> Never was much of a night owl.
>
> Regards,		Barry Drake
evenings seem to be better than during the day for most people in terms
of IRC access and having an hour or so to concentrate. Allowing for
trains to arrive, meals to be eaten, kids to be tucked up in bed that
means 8PM is the earliest practical time, and 9PM seems better for some.
We could split the difference and try for 8:30 I suppose. I am thinking
of calling a meeting on this Monday evening, it doesn't seem to clash
with anything else on the Ubuntu fridge calendar. Now would be a great
time to object, and suggest a different time/date

Alan.