[ubuntu-uk] Linux expo in Feb 2011

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri Jan 7 20:20:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I got the mail below from Jeremy Comley in response to asking for a .org
booth at the Cloud expo. I have said YES! and we need to get our act
together in terms of staffing it and sorting out what we are doing on
the stand etc. I expect an IRC meeting in the next few days would be a
good starting point for this.

Alan.

As you may be aware Cloud Expo Europe takes place in early February at
The Barbican, London. More at http://www.cloudexpoeurope.com/

I am writing to ask if you would be interested to attend the show as an
exhibitor, at the .org Pavilion.

The organisers have provided us with FREE SPACE, normally £345 per sqm,
to organise the Pavilion and we are writing out to a number of Linux
communityand related .org organisations to offer this on a first come
first served basis. We are hoping to have 6-8 .orgs represented there.

If you would like to attend please respond to this email as soon as
possible as if we have insufficient interest then this offer will lapse
in early January.

A Pavilion structure will be provided, also power and internet
connection for all exhibitors. But you will be responsible for all
matters and costs surrounding attendance inc displays , PCs, power leads
, literature, accommodation etc. More detail to follow on this when we
know more about the level of demand.

I do hope you can attend the show, where we are also exhibiting and
speaking, more about us atwww.linuxit.com <http://www.linuxit.com>

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jeremy