[ubuntu-uk] Webcam with built-in mic to work on Ubuntu?

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Fri Jan 7 18:56:53 UTC 2011

> On 07/01/11 15:06, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > Sorry if this is common knowledge - I'm after recommendations for a
> > webcam with built-in mic to work on Ubuntu 10.04 installed on a Toshiba
> > Satellite using an Intel 82801H audio device.

Just about any Logitech USB webcam will work. I have a cheap £13
Logitech from PC World, and it has worked fine since Ubuntu 9.10 on 3
different PCs.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"If we confuse dissent with disloyalty — if we deny the right of the
individual to be wrong, unpopular, eccentric or unorthodox — if we