[ubuntu-uk] Diaspora

Vince Marsters vince at marsters.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 13:23:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 13:18 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:

> On 7 January 2011 13:13, Dave Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:
> > Anyone have a spare invite? Could be interesting! Does it have anything to
> > do with Ubuntu though?
> >

> Not directly, but I guess you could download the source code and (with
> luck and a following wind) run your own instance of it on Ubuntu.
>
> Al.

Given the sudden influx of requests I may as well add a 'me-too' to the
request list if anyone has a spare please - and sorry for adding to the
Diaspora noise in the group recently.

Will be interesting to have a play and see just what can (and can't) be
achieved - also to whether it would have uses in closed environments
(i.e. not internet facing).

Vince