[ubuntu-uk] I hope this diaspora stuff really is that ..

Mon Jan 3 17:49:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:30:03 +0000
"James Tait" <james.tait at wyrddreams.org> wrote:

> I wasn't going to comment, but I think some people have missed the
> point.
>
> These are not "me too" replies intended for a single recipient.

There are two threads. The first is a bunch of "me too" threads asking
for invites, the second is a bunch of "Here's what I call myself on
Diaspora" which would be of use for finding each other assuming
Diaspora doesn't have the search function to (or can't link inviters
with invitees).

I was only really puzzled by the first; the fact that so many people
apparently didn't think to reply off-list, especially given the
presence of a thread consisting entirely of people saying what they'd
called themselves.

Anyway, this is rapidly becoming much ado about nothing. There are
plenty of other threads I manage to silently ignore.

--
Avi.