[ubuntu-uk] I hope this diaspora stuff really is that ..

Mon Jan 3 16:51:23 UTC 2011

Liam Gallear wrote:
> You're a happy bunny this morning. If you have a problem with that
> email thread, set up a rule that deletes the emails automatically.

Doesn't this make having sent all those "me too" replies to the list
even more pointless? I can't quite imagine the sort of process that
results in sending mail to a mailing list fully expecting the
recipients of the list to have made a rule that deletes that mail on
delivery.

Surely it's just general common-sense that mail sent to a mailing list
be intended to be of interest to at least some proportion of the list?
If there's only one intended recipient, it'd strike me as quite logical
to only bother that single recipient with it.

--
Avi.