[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu mindshare....

Mark Harrison yourpropertyexpert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:13:35 UTC 2011

For various reasons, I host my blog on wordpress.com rather than running my
own Wordpress installation.

They put an announcement on my admin page, about a holiday wallpaper they
had commissioned.

http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/wordpress-wallpaper/

Nothing odd here, just another American company trying to get a bit of
publicity by spending a few dollars on an artist...

... then I read the line that started "Need help changing your wallpaper?"

We have come a long way!

It reads, for those who can't be bothered to click on the link:

"Here’s instructions for
Ubuntu<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuEyeCandy#Wallpaper>,
Mac OS X <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2478>, and
Windows<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change-your-desktop-background-wallpaper>
."

Happy New Year, and hope to see some of you at the Design Museum.

Mark