[ubuntu-uk] Completely removing Evolution

Gordon Burgess-Parker gbplinux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:35:18 UTC 2011

I have uninstalled Evolution from the Software Centre but I keep getting
asked about updates to Evolution-common, evolution-data-server-common
and evolution-data-server.
If I select these packages for removal in Synaptic it tells me that it
will also remove gnome-applets, gnome-panel, gnome-session,
indicator-applet, indicator-applet-session, indicator-me and ubuntu-desktop.
How do I get updater to ignore these packages without removing all that
stuff?