[ubuntu-uk] Strange high CPU usage problem

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:46:24 UTC 2011

On 24 February 2011 12:30, Matt Sturdy <matt.sturdy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon - out of interest, can I ask what BIOS version you have on the
> M1330 at the moment?  I'm using my 32bit M1330, and have frequent issues
> with overheating.  I'm wondering if a BIOS update might go some way to
> resolving it.

It was on A08 but I've just updated it to A15. I've actually gone back to
using the machine for the first time in a year or so and decided to do
something about the heating problem, and updating the BIOS was suggested. It
can be done from Linux with a bit of judicious Googling.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
My CV: http://bit.ly/sfg <http://bit.ly/sfgreenwood_cv>_new_cv