[ubuntu-uk] Web server help please!

John Davis davisjo at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 17 06:55:37 UTC 2011

I would like to set up a small web server to host my own  web site;

I have followed the tutorials and installed Ubuntu server. This was quite easy to do, the hard part is what comes next.

Can any one point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows me how to add my web pages, configure the ports,set up security and email addresses ?

Most tuorials have very good pictorial setup info just for the installation procedure,my knowledge is scant for what to do next !

Many thanks

John Davis