[ubuntu-uk] Places - Brighton

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Feb 15 22:45:55 UTC 2011

On 15 February 2011 22:38, Lewis Cawte <lewiscawte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've just been looking at setting up the weather indicator on my
> desktop, however I noticed that its missing anywhere within an hour or
> two drive from me. I'm in Brighton, and there there doesn't seem to be
> that many places that are close to me on that list, atleast not any
> that'd give accurate weather readings.

Do you know of any weather stations near you that report data? Maybe
one in this incomprehensible list?

http://weather.noaa.gov/data/nsd_cccc.txt

EGKA;03;876;Shoreham Airport;;United Kingdom;6;50-50N;000-17W;;;2;0;

Perhaps?

> Also, this doesn't only apply to the weather indicator... the time
> indicator also doesn't have many places near to me. Is there any way to
> get these added or configure them?

File a bug upstream in GNOME packages like libgweather.

http://live.gnome.org/LibGWeather/ImprovingLocations

Cheers,
Al.