[ubuntu-uk] Printer driver ...

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Mon Feb 14 16:59:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 16:41 +0000, Barry Drake wrote:
> I decided to have a go with the AMD 64-bit version of Maverick.  I put
> it on a second hard drive so the 32-bit version is untouched.  All was
> fine until I wanted to use my Brother DCP 135C printer/scanner.  I
> looked at their Linux driver page, and the only drivers available are
> the ones I already have.  I get the error message that they are for the
> wrong architecture as they are i386 packages.

What's the URL? The drivers may be ppd files, which are
architecture-agnostic, and the packagers at Brother are just ignorant.
If so, try installing them by force:

sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture package-i386.deb

Regards,
Tyler

--
"... that your voice is amplified to the degree where it reaches from
one end of the country to the other does not confer upon you greater