[ubuntu-uk] Click ....

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Feb 12 12:29:19 UTC 2011

On 12 February 2011 12:15, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:

> Hi .... any of you see 'Click' on BBC news this morning?
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m9ry  It gives a brief but very
> positive look at Linux.  It advises trying a live-cd and specifically
> says that Linux is not just for geeks these days.  Great!  That and
> PCPro in one week!

I am not convinced by any of this... I don't think "try a live CD" is
necessarily a way forward, that is something that I'm sure numerous PC
magazines have tried and most have probably ended up in the skip.

The key is to get people to accept Linux as a "legitimate mainstream
operating system", in the way they do with OS-X and Windows.  And, alas, the
only way to do that is to get it in the shops.

Sean