[ubuntu-uk] OT - Office suite choice?

gazz pmgazz at gmx.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 16:04:35 UTC 2011

Yes, I removed OOo first and installed from the LO ppa. This is what I
did to remove openoffice and install LibreOffice:

sudo apt-get remove --purge openoffice*.*
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gnome

There's instructions for different methods and discussion on OMG Ubuntu!
http://tinyurl.com/5r7hfej

I was using the full OOo suite before, I haven't tried using ODBC with
LO yet though but I will at some point as I use it for merging now and
again.

Paula