[ubuntu-uk] OT - Office suite choice?

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 14:39:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:19 +0000, Barry Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:04 +0000, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > Thanks for that - sensible advice. I use the LTS versions because I've
> > had occasional glitches with the "bleeding edge" releases before, but
> > never with the LTS versions.
>
> My procedure (from now on) will be to clone the present version to an
> ISO with CloneZilla, then copy my entire home directory to a pendrive.
> Install the new version, copy back my home direectory and if I have
> problems, restore the old one.  Quick, easy and safe!
>
> Regards,		Barry.
>
> --
> Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
> http://ubuntuadverts.org/

Libreoffice and Open office both have there share of flaws.  I think it
depends how you use it.

If this is strictly a work machine and you are producing work related
docs then stick with OO.o  if on the other hand you need a feature that
isn't currently available in the version you have then I suggest going
with libreoffice it seems to have the developer momentum and community
backing that OO.o never quite got.
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk