[ubuntu-uk] Broadcom driver problem (sigh).....

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 11:34:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 22:53 +0000, alan c wrote:

> Tried it just now.  The result is EXACTLY the same.  And I've checked ou
> that there is nothing wrong with the router - my wife's laptop is just
> fine and connects OK.  I'll drop an e-mail to the Belkin support address
> and see if they have anything to say.

Wild shot in the dark (well, not quite wild)...

What channel is the router broadcasting on?

I had the following issue at a guest hour I was lodging at whilst
working away from home:

Router was on channel 13 (this is in the UK so 13 is permissible here)
Vista could see the router and connect to it without issue
Linux - nothing there.

I messed around for hours with this, adding options to the wireless
drivers (broadcom too in my laptop). No joy.
In the end I asked the landlady to set it to channel 6 for me and all
was good with both OS'es.

--
Steve