[ubuntu-uk] Netbook Ubuntu v. plain Ubuntu

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 4 22:08:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 21:22 +0000, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> If it's two years old, and he hasn't upgraded, will it be pre-Unity? As
> I've never used a netbook, only Ubuntu on desktops and laptops, will I
> be able to find my way around it?

Forgot to say ....  you could grab the ISO of NetBook Remix 10.04 and
run it as a live CD.  What you will see may be similar to what he has if
it is Ubuntu.  If you get lshw (or lspci), check what wifi chip there
is.  There have been problems with one of the chipsets (the one I have )
since 9.04 I think.  I am not on my Net Book, but I will check if you
need me to.

Regards,		Barry
http://ubuntuadverts.org/